DOG SPORTS & ACTIVITIES That your dog may enjoy regardless of their breed________________________________________________________________________
Jumpin' K-9's Inc. is located in the beautiful Temecula Wine Country
PRIVATE LESSONS AVAILABLE
Welcome to Urban Mushing - home of the Southern California Working Snow Dogs - a group of humans and
their canine companions indulging in different fun dog-powered activities for
the working dog. Our dogs LOVE to run and pull and we give them a chance to get
the exercise they need and deserve through various "mushing" type activities
such as dog scootering, carting, bikejoring, canicross, skijoring,
weight-pulling, and yes, dogsledding. Most of us are also avid hikers and
take our dogs backpacking as well as snowshoeing during the winter.
K9 NOSE WORK
K9 Nose Work: The next urban sport for dogs...
What is K9 Nose Work?
Dogs have an amazing sense of smell and a natural desire to hunt. The sport of K9 Nose Work is designed to develop your dog's natural scenting abilities by using their desire to hunt and their love of toys, food and exercise. It's a great way for your dog to have fun, build confidence, and burn lots of mental and physical energy.
To find a certified nose work instructor near you, check the NACSW website:
What is Flyball?
The North American Flyball Association, Inc. (NAFA) was
established in 1984, when 12 flyball clubs in Michigan and Ontario
banded together to guide the development of flyball in North America.
Today, with over 400 active clubs and 6,500 competing dogs, NAFA is
recognized as the world's leading authority on flyball and the sport's
top sanctioning organization. NAFA is a nonprofit organization.
Tournaments are open to all dogs, including mixed breeds and ALL
purebreds (including the bully breeds). NAFA will not sanction a
tournament at a site that excludes dogs on the basis of breed unless
the exclusion is mandated by governmental law or ordinance and the host
club has attempted and been unable to qualify for an exemption to
Super Dogs - Super people!
Come on out and meet the gang!
High Flyin' Fun, Southern
Disc Dogs in Southern California
(D2I.S.C.) is a group of disc dog fanatics whose main purpose is to
have fun while promoting canine disc as a great way to keep
family pets happy, healthy, and in shape. We organize a series of
informal playdays and clinics
throughout the year where our members and prospective members exchange training ideas.
We also hold several competitions which are a great place to have
fun and strut your stuff. We perform a variety of shows for dog related
charities, humane societies, sporting events, and schools throughout
the year. Several of our members are Regional, National, and World
Finalists in competition, so our events are a great place to learn
the ropes from some of the top teams in the country. Check out our
event schedule, and we hope to see you at the park soon!
Welcome to the USDDN, the online home for the US Disc Dog Nationals
Championships Series featuring the US Disc Dog Nationals Championships
Weekend. The US Disc Dog Nationals is organized by a Steering Committee
including members from many of the country's disc dog clubs. We look
forward to welcoming you to the Nationals Championships Series events.
- USDDN Organizing Committee
APDT Rally is a fun and exciting team sport for dogs and their handlers!
Dog and Handler teams navigate a course with numbered signs
indicating different exercises to perform such as Sit-Down-Sit,
Straight Figure 8, Send Over Jump, Recall Over Jump. Teams navigate the
course at a brisk, continuous performance without direction from the
judge. Handlers are encouraged to talk to their dogs during the
All dogs, purebred, mixed breeds and dogs with disabilities are encouraged to participate.
Yes it is true, dogs can fly with the help of a 40ft dock, a body of water to cushion the landing, and the drive to get the toy!Welcome to California's premier DockDogs club, SoCal DockDogs.
are many different levels of dogs and breeds that compete. DockDogs® Competitions can be comprised of four
contests; BIG AIR, EXTREME VERTICAL (EV), SPEED RETRIEVE, and IRON DOG.
Big Air is the
most popular discipline of DockDogs® and the oldest of the
four disciplines. Big Air is nothing more than a long jump for
canines. In Big Air the dog is judged on the distance it can jump from the edge of the dock into the pool. Big Air is the
easiest and most beginner friendly of the three disciplines of DockDogs®. Dogs have the use of the entire
dock surface (up to 40’) in which they can run and jump into the pool.
The distance jumped is measured from the edge of the dock out into the water
where the base of the dogs tail first breaks the surface of the
water. A dog does not have to retrieve the toy in order to obtain a
score. Big Air is divided into six different divisions so all dogs with
different jumping distances can join in the fun and have success.
Vertical is commonly referred to the high jump of the canine water
sports. This event consists of the dog launching vertically to reach a
bumper suspended in the air. Dogs are not judged on distance for this
discipline, instead the dog is scored on how high the bumper is snatched from
the pole. Watching dogs compete in Extreme Vertical is a very impressive
sight to view.
is comparable to a sprint or drag racing. The concept is simple, a dog
sprints down the dock, jumps in the water, and swims very fast to retrieve a Dead
Fowl Trainer Duck suspended at the far end of the pool. This is a timed event, the less time it
takes a canine to grab the Dead Fowler Trainer the better the score.
DockDogs® Iron Dog competition is the newest DockDogs® Sport. It combines all of the above three
competitions and your dog receives a total number of points based on how well
they performed in each discipline.
Orange County, California
Dog Friendly Beaches
San Diego, California
click the picture below.
The World Canine Freestyle Organization defines canine freestyle as follows:
is a choreographed musical program performed by handlers and their
dogs. The object of musical freestyle is to display the dog and handler
in a creative, innovative and original dance, using music and intricate
movements to showcase teamwork, artistry, costuming, athleticism and
style in interpreting the theme of the music. Heelwork-to-Music
incorporates traditional dog obedience and the art of dressage with the
inclusion of musical interpretation, dance elements, and costuming with
an emphasis on non-standard obedience movements. Both Musical Freestyle
and Heelwork-To-Music routines should create a visually exciting
display which is enjoyable to watch and which is equally enjoyable to
dogs and handlers executing the programs. Canine freestyle is a
showcase that truly demonstrates the joys and fun of bonding with your
Patie Ventre, Founder
Do a google.com search for a group in your city.
Canicross is the sport of running cross-country with a dog or dogs attached to you (hands-free) and pulling you forward.
Do a google.com search for more information.
Owners of mixed breeds can enjoy the thrill of competing for
titles in obedience, conformation, tracking and much more. The Mixed Breed
Dog Clubs of America (MBDCA) is a national registry for mixed breeds, providing
many of the same opportunities that the American Kennel Club (AKC) offers for
purebreds. We are not a mixed bred placement center nor do we provide
rescue services. Contact your local humane society or shelter if you are
interested in placing or adopting a mixed breed dog.
Click on any link below from the DogPlay.com website for additional information. Now go play!
Fun things to do with your dog: Games, Sports and Just Good Fun
- Agility - in, out, over and through this sport is all about working as a team
- Animal Assisted Activities and Animal Assisted Therapy - the warm head of a friendly pet can soothe a lonely heart
- Bikejoring - some dogs love to run. Adding the responsibility of teamwork adds to the fun.
- Canicross - dog powered running for those who want to share their running goals with their best friend
- Carting - channel the desire to pull into harness work that lets the dog feel useful and skilled
- Coursing and racing - root instinct drives the joy of running with purpose in coursing and racing
- Day trips and vacations - the dogs need not be left behind, bring them along for even more fun
- Disc Dog or Flying Disc - if there was ever meaning to jump for joy this is it, jumping with achievement
- Dock Jumping or Dock Diving - dogs who excel in this sport are love to show they can do it further and better
- Dog Camps - Activity Sampler - too many choices? take a vacation with your dog and sample a variety
- Dog Parks and Dog Walks: Socialization and Off-leash Play - a joy for the social dog, think tot lot
- Dog Scootering - some dogs love to run. Adding the responsibility of teamwork adds to the fun.
- Earthdog Trials - instinct, drive, and flying dirt - what more could an earthdog want
- Flyball - excitement, speed, and focus, a sport for dogs driven to do it faster
- Flygility - racing and teamwork to build confidence and a sense of belonging
- Games - the most basic of interactions, fun ways of practicing skills of hunting, fetching, working together
- Herding - it's all about the dog's instinct and desire to control and direct movement for the pack leader
- Hiking, Backpacking and Dog Walks - sharing our quiet moments, our contemplations is the essence of being a pack
- Hunt and Field Trials - working as a team is what drives these dogs
- Kids and Dogs - dogs and kids can be a wonderful pairing with a little learning to keep it safe and fun
- Mushing - for dogs who love to pull and people who want to let them
- Musical Freestyle - the ultimate in teamwork is working with rhythm and coordination
- Obedience - precision, focus and a great activity for perfectionist dogs, those who love to get it exactly right
- Performance Art (Tricks) - curiosity and a willingness to try new things makes this fun
- Pet Facilitated Therapy - for the dog who loves attention what better way to get it than visiting people in need
- Precision Drill Teams - the excitement of success, of meeting a challenge and being a part of the team
- Pulling - great for dogs who love to pull, and people who want to let them
- Racing - for the dogs who love not just running but being faster than the next one
- Rally Obedience - more focus on teamwork, less focus on precision, fun and relaxed for human and dog
- Ring Sport - a sport that says "I can be a contributing member of the family" Some dogs thrive on responsibility
- Rollerblade - a fun way for dogs and humans to share exercise and fresh air
- Schutzhund - tracking, obedience, protection, schutzhund is all about what a well rounded dog is all about
- Search and Rescue - for some making a difference is important, that includes dogs, they know it matters
- Sniffer Dog
- Stock Dog Trials
- Visiting Pets
- Water Work
- Weight Pulling